Monday, September 22, 2008

Thoughts on Don Quixote


So far i have to admit that i am thoroughly enjoying this book. There is something about the character Don Quixote, that in a weird way is very
relatable. I am not saying that I have wanted to go out and fight imaginary battles while pretending to be the most heroic knight of all times, but i am saying i understand Don Quixote's undeniable thirst for something more. He is nothing short of a dreamer, and while that seems to amuse people, you have to wonder who is really crazy? Don or everyone else? I just think that Don Quixote, despite how ridiculous he is portrayed with his horse, his armor and his false perception of the very world around him, is not as ridiculous as the people who never think to step out of what they know and what is seemingly comfortable to them. I guess what I'm saying is that i would chose the idealist over the realist any day...that's all for now

No comments: